Cigars.com does not ship to addresses in Utah or Hawaii. In compliance with state laws, codes and regulations, we no longer ship any Flavored Tobacco to Massachusetts or Washington, DC addresses. Little cigars and Filtered cigars can only be shipped by USPS.
Weather delays, mechanical delays, fraud verification, age verification, and other issues are beyond our control and could potentially delay orders. Check the UPS and USPS websites for more information.
Unless otherwise specified, shipping charges are as follows:
Orders will ship via UPS or USPS. Allow 2-8 business days for delivery* Best way shipping is a value shipping service for the customer. In selecting this shipping method the most economical carrier will be selected. This is to insure we can continue to provide low shipping costs.
Allow 2-5 business days for delivery*
Allow 2-5 business days for delivery*
Allow 3 business days for delivery*
Allow 2 business days for delivery*
Next business day*
*Delivery times are taken from the USPS and UPS websites and our experience. Neither service time is guaranteed. Add 1 or 2 business days for Hawaii, Alaska, and remote rural locations
Additional Shipping Information
- Oversized shipments weighing more than 10 lbs. may take up to 5 business days for standard delivery.
- Cigars.com does not ship outside of the US or its territories, except for APO addresses.
- All orders sent to a PO box must be shipped via a USPS method.
- All orders sent to a US military base must be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
- All North Carolina orders containing tobacco products are subject to current tobacco laws and taxes, which will automatically be added to your invoice. Remittance of taxes on orders shipped outside of North Carolina is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Flammable/hazardous items must be shipped UPS Ground.
- UPS business days do NOT include Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.
- USPS business days do NOT include Sundays or holidays.
- Little Cigars and Filtered Cigars can only be shipped by USPS.
- California and Delaware require adult signature for package delivery.
- All shipments Freight on Board (FOB) Burlington, NC. Risk of loss is on the Purchaser during transport and shipment. Title to, and ownership of all goods passes from Seller to the Purchaser in Burlington, North Carolina, and the Purchaser takes all responsibility for the shipment. By arranging for transportation of the goods, Seller is providing a service to, and acting on behalf of Purchaser. By utilizing this service from Seller, Purchaser is representing that he/she is acting in a fashion compliant with his/her local and state laws regarding the purchase, transportation, and delivery of the goods. The Purchaser represents that he/she is of lawful age and has obtained any required permission, paid any required fees, is working through properly licensed intermediaries where required, is legally entitled to take possession of the goods and is legally entitled to take quantities ordered.
- After three unsuccessful delivery attempts, UPS will return your package to Cigars.com. All return freight charges will be passed on to the consumer.
- Cigars.com does not ship products to addresses in Utah, South Dakota or Hawaii.
Sales Tax Information
Cigars.com is required to collect sales tax in certain states including Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Cigars.com is not required to collect sales tax in Alaska, Delaware, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon.
Local taxes collected where applicable.
Tobacco Tax Information
Cigars.com collects excise tax on your purchases when required by law.
The state of Maryland imposes an excise tax on all tobacco products sold by online retailers to Maryland adult consumers. For more information, please see Maryland House Bill 1301.
The state of Ohio imposes an excise tax on all tobacco products delivered to Ohio adult consumers. For more information, please see Ohio Code 5743.62.
Effective January 1, 2022, the State of Michigan is imposing an excise tax on all cigars sold to Michigan customers. Cigars are taxed at 32% of the wholesale price, with a maximum excise tax of fifty cents ($.50) per cigar.
Effective July 1, 2022, the Commonwealth of Virginia is imposing an excise tax on all retail sales of cigars and pipe tobacco to Virginia customers. Cigars are taxed at 20% of the wholesale price, while pipe tobacco is taxed at 10% of the wholesale price.
Effective July 1, 2022 the state of North Carolina is imposing excise tax on all cigars and pipe tobacco sold to North Carolina customers. Tobacco products are taxed at 12.8% of the wholesale price with a maximum amount of 30 cents per cigar.
Effective July 1, 2023, the State of Indiana is imposing an excise tax on all retail sales of cigars and pipe tobacco to customers shipping to Indiana. Cigars and pipe tobacco are taxed at 24% of the wholesale price.
Effective January 1, 2022, the State of South Dakota is imposing an excise tax on all retail sales of cigars and pipe tobacco to customers shipping to South Dakota. Cigars and pipe tobacco are taxed at 35% of the wholesale price.